Monday, October 12, 2009

VB's 10/09/2009 Winners - The Results Show

Last Friday, I gave you my picks for the weekend, I don't think I did terrible, but I wasn't perfect either. Especially with my "LOCK OF THE WEEK!!!!111111". Thanks to this guy:


"I am resigning to accept the soon-to-be-vacant head coach position at the University of Arkansas. Wait. What?"

Arkansas' upset and total demolishing of Auburn came as quite a shock, but I really didn't care too much as I only saw that score flash up in Neyland while I watched Tennessee smash the puppies and seal one of my picks. So, here we go:

Pick One - Auburn -3 at Arkansas - Arkansas 44 - Auburn 23. I was way wrong here along with most of the country. LOSER

Pick Two - Tennessee -1 vs. Georgia - Tennessee 45 - Georgia 19. So, so, so satisfyingly right with this one. WINNER

Pick Three - Alabama -5 at Mississippi - Alabama 22 - Mississippi - 3. Probably should have been the pick of the week. WINNER

Pick Four - Utah -8 at Colorado State - Utah 24 - Colorado State 17. One point. One tiny point, but, what the hell do I know about the Mountain West anyway? LOSER

Pick Five - Stanford at Oregon State - Oregon State 38 - Stanford 28. Very surprised at this outcome. I thought Stanford would run away with this one. LOSER

Pick Six - Georgia Tech +3 at Florida State - Georgia Tech 49 - FSU 44. Another pick I felt very good about. WINNER

Pick Seven - Michigan +8 at Iowa - Iowa 30 - Michigan 28. I was exactly right with the pick and the final prediction of a close win for the Hawkeyes. WINNER

Pick Eight - Washington +3.5 vs. Arizona - Washington 36 - Arizona 33. Again, picked an outright win for Washington and they did not disappoint. WINNER

Pick Nine - Colts -4 at Titans - Colts 31 - Titans 9 - I hate this, but the Titans didn't stand a chance. WINNER

Pick Ten - Broncos +3.5 vs. Patriots - Broncos 20 - Patriots 17. I picked the outright win for the Broncos, but if you took the points you were still in good shape. WINNER.

Bonus One - Colts at Titans - Under 46 - Final Total - 40 - RIGHT

Bonus Two - Patriots at Broncos - Over 41 - Final Total - 37 - WRONG

So, there you have it. Pretty good if I say so myself. I won't count the bonus picks because they are just for fun after all. Like all of these actually. Until this Friday!

This week I'm - 7 and 3, picking at 70%

Overall I'm - 7 and 3, picking at 70%

No comments:

Post a Comment