Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday Morning? Time to Vent!

Remember when XM Radio came out way back when? Remember how it always branded and marketed itself as "commercial free" radio? WTF happened?!?!

On the way to work this morning, a 15 mile drive, I was treated to ads that encouraged me to cleanse my colon for FREE!!111, turn my $20,000 in credit card debt into wealth for FREE!1!!1, give me a nicotine-flavored-water-vapor-producing electronic cigarette for FREE!!!111!1, and I better make sure I listen to the Falco Artist Confidential on XM/Sirius channel 2.

Over that 15 mile drive this morning, I found one song, ONE, I was able to listen to between the 8-10 channels I usually check. That's a worse ratio than my 6 Sony Walkman FM presets back in '93. What's next? Ads synced to my iPod with the rest of my music?

Venting over, carry on.........

No comments:

Post a Comment