Tuesday, November 3, 2009

VB's 10/30/2009 Winner - The Results Show

Everybody has an off week or two. After two consecutive losing weeks, I think I just turned the corner. No more losing weeks!! Also, I do believe Lane Kiffin is changing the long-held "don't bet on Tennessee when they are favored" rule. That's nice because I always enjoy betting, and winning, on the Vols when they're favored. Here we go!

Overall Record - 14 and 16



Pick One - Tennessee -6 vs South Carolina - Tennessee 31 South Carolina 13. I called for a double digit win by Tennessee and I was very right! WINNER

Pick Two - Arkansas -36.5 vs Eastern Michigan - Arkansas 63 Eastern Michigan 27. I don't know which is worse, Arkansas's defense or half-point spreads. LOSER

Pick Three - Georgia Tech -12 at Vanderbilt - Georgia Tech 56 Vandy 31. No defense whatsoever in this game. Vandy may just beat somebody this season if they can find some defenders. WINNER

Pick Four - LSU -36 vs Tulane - LSU 42 Tulane 0. This was an easy one to call. WINNER

Pick Five - Oregon +3 vs USC - Oregon 47 USC 20. I'm still dumbfounded that Oregon was an underdog in this one. They are by far the hottest team around right now. WINNER

Pick Six - Iowa -17.5 vs Indiana - Iowa 42 Indiana 24 - Probably the last time I pick Iowa as a favorite. I still can't believe they came back in the 4th not only to win, but to cover as well. WINNER

Pick Seven - Georgia +14.5 vs Florida - Florida 41 Georgia 17. Meh. They couldn't both lose, so at least somebody got embarressed. LOSER

Pick Eight - Michigan State -4 at Minnesota - Minnesota 42 Michigan State 34. I hate the Big Ten. LOSER

Pick Nine - UCONN -7.5 vs Rutgers - Rutgers 28 UCONN 24. Impressive win by Rutgers. Sucks to be UCONN right now. LOSER

Pick Ten - Houston -7 vs. Southern Mississippi - Houston 50 Southern Miss 43. I knew Houston's offense would play, I didn't know their defense wouldn't. PUSH

This Week - 5-4-1

Overall - 19-20-1

Next week will be up Friday with more winners!

No comments:

Post a Comment